Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Learn to Manage Your Time: For Entrepreneurs


Starting your own business is a very profitable idea, but if you already have a 9-to-5 job and a family to care for, where will you find the time for a business venture?
The first thing you will have to do is make a commitment. Why not commit to dedicating a small amount of time after work, 3 to 4 days a week, say 1 or 2 hours, and at least 2 hours on Saturday and 2 hours on Sunday? A little is better than nothing.
And with organization, you will be able to manage your time and get a lot done quickly.
ORGANIZATION is an amazing tool. Everything you need to do would be at your fingertips and you won’t have to spend time thinking and trying to figure out what to do next! ORGANIZATION helps you to focus on what’s important and it certainly helps you to make the most of a small amount of time.
Here’s a suggestion to help you manage your time: Use an Excel spreadsheet to organize your activities. Down the side of the table, you’ll want to list those activities in which you need to do to bring in a profit. Across the top of your table, you’ll want to identify the components of each task that is necessary for making profit. Only list and do those tasks that will bring in a profit! Whether long-term projects or short-term, ask yourself, “Will this task lead to making money for me?” Those are the only task you want on your spreadsheet.
I’m an Affiliate Marketer. I manage my time by using a spreadsheet that lists all promotion websites. Each is listed down the side.  Then, across the top I have the headings for the name of the advertising website, my username for that website, my password for that website, and a final heading for any miscellaneous information that is pertinent to that website.
Then, when I “go to work” to build my business, I go down this list, check off the activity that I’ve done. I can go across the page and access any information I need to complete the activity.
It’s quick, keeps me focused, and I’ve managed, in a short period of time, to get some promotion accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment